Thursday, September 3, 2009

race against the clock...

in week two training for white rock. yesterday, i had my best mile EVER (13:23). today was the exact opposite. it was a struggle to simply do a 15:00 mile. yes, it was a struggle for a simple 4.1 miles an hour. :(

it got to the point where i was wishing they'd come get me because my son was crying... not so lucky.

i'd love to say that i'm SOOOO glad i did it and i feel so good hitting my goal, but i dont. my run sucked, plain and simple. i feel like a fraud even calling it a 'run'... yes, yes... i did get up to 5.5ish (maybe a tad faster, but it wasnt for long).. i took more breaks than i can count (at least 3 - i didnt just slow down, i s.t.o.p.p.e.d...)

only positive side... 767 freaking calories burned.

1 comment:

  1. failed to explain 'race against the clock'
    treadmill STOPS at an hour... 4 miles, 15 min mile.. thats an hour.

    no clue what im going to do sunday with 6 miles to do

    ReplyDelete