Saturday, September 5, 2009

cheating...

you know i f'ing hated every step of my 3 miles today. loathed it more than i can even begin to describe. i started out at the high school track and hated it (way too many peeps) and it was just blahhhh... .75 miles. ugh. so i got in the car and went to the gym. "only" 2.25 miles. i can so do this (ha!)

cursing every step. every.single.step. hated it with a passion. then a thought came... i dont "have" to do this... i can just get off and say Nike+ stopped working or i forgot to turn it on or whatever... but i'd really only be cheating myself. really - who gives a flying F if i go the full 3.0 miles? no one... but me.

so if i'm going to do this (and i am), im going to do it right. im not going to cheat myself out of miles (even though Nike+ conveniently does that for me - went 2.25, logged 2.03)...

so i burned 620 calories... that's what i'm going to focus on. caloric burn. cant burn calories by cheating.

just fucking do it, christine. just fucking do it.

2 comments:

  1. An unbelievable amount of that inner dialog goes on when I'm running. I should just quit... no I will just be mad at myself if I do... better keep going... oh fuck it what's cutting off 1 mile matter?... no better keep going or I'll just feel like shit about myself.

    In the end, knowing how shitty I'm going to feel about myself if I don't see it through usually is JUST enough to keep me going. Although, it's almost always a close battle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're exactly right, Christine.

    Just f*cking do it.

    And so will I...

    ReplyDelete